What Information Do We Need?
We need your contact details, your name, address, post code, phone number, DOB (if a minor) and email address.
We recognise that we have a special obligation to protect personal information obtained from children.
We will not knowingly collect Personal Data from any child, or process such information, without parental consent.
For the purpose of this Policy, a child means any individual who is under the age of 18 (or the minimum legal age to consent to the collection and processing of Personal Data where this is different under applicable law).
Why Do We Need it, How Will We Use It?
Any or all of the above Data may be required by us from time to time in order to provide you with the best possible service and experience when using our Services. Specifically, Data may be used by us for the following reasons:
- internal record keeping
- improvement of our products/services
- transmission by email or post of information regarding your use of Our Services
- transmission by email or post of promotional materials that may be of interest to you
- illustrate, customise or update Our Services
Photographs and videos of Pupils and Service Users under 18 will NOT have their names or other personally-identifiable data attached;
Photographs and videos of Students and Service Users over 18 MAY have their names attached.
All personal Data is stored securely in accordance with the principles of the Data Protection Act 1998.
Step by Step Ballroom data users must comply with the eight Data Protection Principles:
- Personal data shall be processed fairly and lawfully.
- Personal data shall be held only for one or more specified and lawful purposes and shall not be further processed in any manner incompatible with that purpose or purposes.
- Personal data shall be adequate, relevant and not excessive in relation to the purpose for which it is processed.
- Personal data shall be accurate and where necessary kept up to date.
- Personal data processed for any purpose shall not be kept for longer than is necessary for that purpose.
- Personal data shall be processed in accordance with the rights of data subject under the DPA.
- Appropriate technical and organisational measures shall be taken against unauthorised or unlawful processing of personal data and against accidental loss or destruction of the data.
- Personal data shall not be transferred to a country or a territory outside the European Economic Area unless that country or territory ensures an adequate level of protection for the rights and freedoms of data subjects in relation to the processing of personal data.
- Any personal Data you submit will be retained by Step By Step Ballroom
- We will not share your information with anyone outside of Step By Step Ballroom
- Data provided by Users will NOT be sold to third parties
- Unless we are obliged or permitted by law to do so, your personal Data will NOT be disclosed to third parties
We would also like to send you information about our class changes, medal tests & presentations, events and outings, using the information you have shared with us.
Our Step By Step Ballroom registration form contains the following tick boxes to request your explicit consent to being contacted for marketing purposes using any/all of the following methods:
Email, Phone, SMS
You may withdraw this consent at any time by contacting us by any of the following methods:
Email at firstname.lastname@example.org or
Web page www.stepbystepballroom.co.uk/contact.asp or
Facebook page www.facebook.com/SBS.Ballroom or
Telephone on 07876 130037
Who can I complain to if I feel you are not handling my data correctly?
If you believe we are not handling your data correctly you have a right to make a complaint, this should be sent to us using the above contact details.
If you are unhappy with our response you should then contact the ICO (Independent Commissioner's Office) by contacting them or using the following web page https://ico.org.uk/concerns